Conceiving A Baby And Conception Positions
by Olinda Rola
Conceiving a baby successfully means understanding the best conception positions, your monthly reproductive cycle and your overall health. Conceiving a baby and pregnancy are wonderful events that are complex but very satisfying and exciting. Here are tips on the best conception positions and getting pregnant:
1. Know your fertile time - in general, ovulation occurs about 14 days before your next period begins. For women with cycles of 28 days, that could make day #14 your most fertile for getting pregnant (day #1 being the first day that your last period began). If your have a 30-day cycle, day #16 may be the best time to go for it.
2. Monitor your basal body temperature - the slight elevations in your body temperature when you awake each day signal your most fertile time. When conceiving a baby is the goal, use a basal thermometer that is accurate enough to detect these slight changes in your body temperature.
3. Monitor your cervical mucus - ovulation causes a change in the appearance and consistency of cervical mucus. By checking yourself each day, you'll be able to see the 'egg-white-like' vaginal discharge that indicates ovulation and your most fertile time for conceiving a baby.
4. The best of the conception positions is the missionary position - the time-proven 'man-on-top' position works with gravity to encourage semen flow toward the uterus that maximizes the chance of a sperm uniting with the egg, causing conception. 5. Use the rear-entry position - another of the conception positions is the 'doggy-style', which allows your partner to deposit semen close to your cervix. 6. Use the side-by-side position - again, this position allows your partner's sperm to start their journey as near your cervix as is possible. For all three conception positions mentioned, after ejaculation, you can remain on your back with your legs bent a few minutes to further maximize semen flow toward the uterus.
7. Adopt a healthy lifestyle - this is one of the most important tips for conceiving a baby. Healthy living includes a sensible diet, nutritional supplements, adequate quality sleep, managing stress, some exercise and weight management. Another of the conceiving a baby tips is to simply relax and enjoy your partner. Enjoy the closeness you'll experience with someone you truly care about.
And your desire for becoming pregnant and conceiving a baby will have even more importance to you if it means you'll be taking better care of yourself and your partner. Not only does that mean a more healthy you, it also means you'll increase the chances of having a healthier baby. That's the kind of beginning you want to provide that new person that you know is going to be a star.
Copyright 2005 InfoSearch Publishing
About the Author
Read more at http://www.safemenopausesolutions.com/ovulation-tests.html about ovulation tests and fertility monitors. Olinda Rola is President of InfoSearch Publishing and webmaster of http://www.safemenopausesolutions.com - a website of natural health articles for women of all ages.